Contactless Delivery Pick Up/Drop Off Procedure
Prior to contactless delivery all customers will be assessed if they have:
- Been in contact with a Covid positive person
- Have visited a listed Covid exposure site
- Have any cold, flu or Covid related symptoms
Upon satisfactory answer to the above, there will be two options of contactless delivery, that will be available to both the following Duttons customers:
- Essential Vehicle – we offer a contactless vehicle delivery and pickup service
- Non-essential Vehicle – we offer to deliver the vehicle out to a customer with a contactless delivery
- The vehicle will be sanitised and prepared for delivery at the Duttons dealership
- The keys will be left in the vehicle on the driver’s seat
- Paperwork will be left in the car on the passenger seats, with the required documents for a legal handover
- Upon customer signing all the apportion document and after the correct electronic transfer of funds
- Once this is completed, the customer is able to take delivery of their vehicle.
- A digital copy/version of driver’s licence (or other official documentations for proof of identity) must be sent to the dealer before taking delivery of a vehicle.
Contactless Drop Off
- An authorised Duttons essential worker will fully sanitised the vehicle, wear the appropriate safety PPE (mask, disposable gloves) in transit to destination.
- We will sanitise at the destination prior to hand over, with disposable sanitation wipes.
- We will drop any required paperwork to be signed at the front door/letterbox of destination.
- We will allow space for the customer to collect, sign and return the documentation to the drop off area at the customers designated destination (letterbox, front door or other).
- Keys will be sanitised and left at an agreed place on the customers property to complete the handover.
- Orientation and information about the vehicle will be conduction via phone or email (agreed other method) – along with any questions the customer might have in relation to their vehicle
Contactless Vehicle Pick Up/Drop Off Procedure
- Duttons employees to travel to customer’s most convenient collection location, wearing masks at all times when more than one person is present, and using the most direct possible route from either the Dealership or location of previous vehicle pick up
- On arrival at the customer’s premises, employee is to ensure they are wearing their mask correctly, and wear disposable gloves for all future contact with the customer and their vehicle.
- At the customer’s front door, place clipboard containing job card in most convenient position for customer, knock or ring bell, then step back at least two metres. Allow customer to pick up clipboard, sign document and replace, then close the door before employee picks it up.
- When entering vehicle, a single use cleaning wipe is to be used to clean steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake lever/switch, door handle and key which has been left with the vehicle by the customer, before touching any of these components.
- Duttons employees to travel to customer’s most convenient drop off location, wearing masks at all times when more than one person is present, and wearing gloves inside customer’s vehicles, using the most direct possible route from either the Dealership or location of previous vehicle return.
- When returning vehicle, a single use cleaning wipe is to be used to clean steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake lever/switch, door handle and key before leaving the key where the customer has requested and exiting without touching any of these components.
- If it is necessary to approach the customer’s door, the same social distancing requirements apply as those used at the time of collection